Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 5

Day five (Friday)
Today was our free day. A group of us walked around the city and explored the whole day. We watched a band play on the church steps in the center of the city and shopped for souvenirs at the artists market. We also got coffee at a little cafe but instead of ordering coffee we accidentally orders cups of hot milk. Haha oops!
Later that night a small group of us went to Treze. I had asked Rodrigo to suggest a bar that he would go to instead of something he thought a "typical American" would want to do. It was an awesome suggestion! The music was all from bands I love and it felt like a bar that I would go to. I see a lot of similarities between young adults in Florianópolis and Pittsburgh. This place especially felt like home to me, the styles were the same the music was the same and personalities felt similar. It's awesome to know that halfway around the world young adults aren't so different than me and my friends.
Until tomorrow,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment